How to transfer prescriptions in online pharmacies?
Online pharmacies help you to shop around for the best deals but not many will be aware of the fact that it is possible to transfer the prescription from one place to another. If you have been using a particular online drugstore for a while and are able to find another one that offers better discounts, you would definitely want to transfer the prescription. Else, there may be a change in your insurance cover that necessitates the switch. Whatever may be the reason, it is possible to get the prescription transfer done easily without any hassles. The entire process is simpler than you can expect and takes hardly any time at all. Besides, the new online drugstore that you wish to use would want to make things smooth for you. In case you are not aware of what to do, hereís a simple guide explaining the entire process and what to expect.What to do to transfer prescriptions from one online pharmacy to another?
The following should help you to get the prescription transfer done without any hitches:
- Intimate to the new online pharmacy you want to use that your prescription is linked to the old one and that you wish to transfer. If you have more than one prescription, then you have to provide the details of the same. This should include your name, drug strength, prescription number, and contact information. The new place will have the option to do this online itself, but you can still call them directly and follow the instructions that they provide.
- The additional information that you have to provide to the new place is your insurance detail, which you can also do through the website itself.
- The next step is to wait a few days for the prescription transfer to get process and this can take one to three days. Once this is done, you can place the prescription refill order online. Make yourself reachable so that the online pharmacy can contact you if needed.
- In case you want to use insurance discounts or apply coupons, inform the new online pharmacy of the same before placing the order.
- If your prescriptions are in order then you wonít have any problems with the refill. However, the internet pharmacy may have to check the doctorís office if there are any issues. The doctor may be contacted in case a refill on the prescription requires approval. This may be further subject to getting additional health checks done before the refill is prescribed.
- There may be instances where your prescription is not transferable from one pharmacy online to another. This can happen if you are taking any schedule II prescription medications. The refill may not be approved either. If this happens for you, then the healthcare provider will have to write you a new prescription that can be linked to the new place that you choose to buy the medication from.
- Another hiccup you are likely to face is that some prescriptions are allowed to be transferred only once. Before making the transfer request, check how many refills you have remaining and if you would be required to get a new prescription.
These tips should give you a general idea on what to expect and do to get the prescription transfer done in an easy manner.